On 28.04.2014 09:01, christopher.l...@thurweb.ch wrote:
Hi

Thanks.

I found a well hidden {1} timeout setting in the preferences / devices and increased this from the default 2 secs to 10 secs. This does seem to help, but as always with sporadic problems only time will tell if this is a fix, or if the problem is just dormant for a while.

What I don't understand is, given the error says "Could not connect to
MerSDK Virtual Machine" why should a timeout for connecting to a Jolla device play any role?

Is the error misleading? is the problem actually in connecting FROM the MerSDK to the Jolla?

Hi, I can't seem to reproduce these timeout problems when I'm testing this. I've tried on Linux and Windows and a bit less on a Mac. I wish I could, so I could debug this because I can't fix it if I can't reproduce it.

The error you get might be a bit misleading. The deploy operation does currently go through the MerSDK machine:

Qt Creator -> ssh mersdk -> rsync to device (from mersdk) -> ssh to device to install package (from mersdk)
Qt Creator -> ssh to device to run the app

So Qt Creator does not really know what happens inside MerSDK as it requests the deploy operation and if a timeout happens at some point, it will just look like a timeout connecting to MerSDK.

Can you describe in detail what happens when you get the timeout? Does it timeout after 2 seconds or 10 seconds or a minute or two?

Chris

{1} when the preferences pane opens, at least on my OSX host the timeout setting is "offscreen" in an embedded pane with scroll bars in the middle of the preferences pane. Only if you scroll down in the embedded pane are further settings including the timeout revealed. Truly a wonderful bit of UI design 8-)

Yes, I noted that comment earlier and tried for a few minutes to rearrange the view. Failed. It's in the "todo when all the fires are out" - list.

Best regards,
 Juha