The problem can occur out of the blue: i.e. 30 seconds previously it successfully deployed - I make a small one line change to the code, try to redeploy, and bingo: the problem occurs. The progress bar for the build was at about 50 % complete or more. The timeout comes after seconds rather than minutes (but I need to reproduce it again to give more accurate timings).

During the problem I have been able to ssh into the SDK and Emulator with no noticeable problem.

Chris

On 02.06.14 10:23, Jarko Vihriala wrote:
when that happens, have you tried to SSH into the MerSDK from command line. We have seen issues where the SSH key exchange takes long time for some reason , currently that's under investigation. If you want to help in that, - you could do a SSH session inside MerSDK and run journalctl -fa in terminal
- run deploy commands from Qt Creator
- observe the output, is there a +10s timeout in the log somewhere (looking at timestamps)?

thanks, Jarko

*From:* devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org [devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Tone Kastlunger [users.giulie...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Saturday, May 31, 2014 11:28 AM
*To:* Sailfish OS Developers
*Subject:* Re: [SailfishDevel] sporadic bouts of "Could not connect to MerSDK Virtual Machine. Timeout waiting for reply from server."

Hi I for once happen to get the issue every once in a while even during binary deployment.
Best,
tk

On Thursday, May 29, 2014, Christopher Lamb <christopher.l...@thurweb.ch <mailto:christopher.l...@thurweb.ch>> wrote:

    Hi All

    I am still suffering from this issue, and getting more and more
    frustrated!

    Right now "it" is refusing to deploy as RPM to the Emulator.

    Is anything I can do to better debug / understand this issue?

    The timeout settings previously suggested are probably
    red-herrings, as they apply to the device (phone / Emulator),
    whereas the error is a timeout to the SDK.

    All help greatly appreciated.

    Grüsse

    Chris