Hi Christopher,

the changing networks may play a part in this problem. Did I already sometime earlier ask you to modify your Mac's /etc/hosts file?

It has helped in some cases to add the name for the MerSDK virtual machine to /etc/hosts like this:

127.0.0.1 SailfishSDK

Or if you already have the 127.0.0.1 there, just add the SailfishSDK to the end of the existing line like this:

127.0.0.1        localhost.localdomain localhost SailfishSDK

Could you try this and let me know if there's any improvement? If you already have it there.. well then we'll have to think of something else. VirtualBox has some DNS related settings like these:

|--natdnsproxy<1-N> on|off|: This option makes the NAT engine proxy all guest DNS requests to the host's DNS servers|

|--natdnshostresolver<1-N> on|off|: This option makes the NAT engine use the host's resolver mechanisms to handle DNS requests

Of these we use the "--natdnshostresolver1 on" in MerSDK and the Emulator.

The options are documented here:

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch08.html#vboxmanage-modifyvm

The rpmbuild command does a DNS query in the place where the failure is in your log. Usually it just prints out:

"warning: Could not canonicalize hostname: SailfishSDK"

Which is fine.. but in some networks that bit can cause a failure. In those cases modifying the /etc/hosts file has helped.

Best regards,
 Juha