I wouldn't bet on Jolla hosting such a thing, this was raised by a
community member some time ago and afaik Jolla didn't show any interest.

For MQTT tbr made a patched apache paho mqtt client which a number of
sailfish os users have been using quite successfully for some time now:
https://github.com/dm8tbr/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt.python
This could be rolled into a service without too much trouble really.

However I think the whisper systems guys need to have their own rather than
relying on android/ios integrated features. Whether this is based on MQTT
or websockets or some other method of their devising is up to them.