Hi Alex!

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 09:21:18PM +0200, Alexander Aring wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 11:57:01AM +0200, Oleg wrote:
> > On 2017-06-16 11:27, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
> > > Yes Thomas I haven't tried yet but I don't think transceiver stores it.
> > > Joakim, OpenThread requires it as explained here:
> > > https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/7149#issuecomment-308342978
> >
> > Sorry, I don't get the explanation. Why does OpenThread needs the pointer to
> > the ACK frame?
> >

> Some IEEE 802.15.4 MLME-ops requires if the ack was received or not.
> This need be handled by upper layers e.g. a SoftMAC layer of IEEE
> 802.15.4. So actually if ARET is supported by hardware and it's an
> SoftMAC transceiver it should have the possibility to read out some
> status register of handled ARET algorithm on hardware side if ACK was
> there or not (because MLME-ops requires this information). If hardware
> can't report and is a SoftMAC transceiver with ARET support and can't
> handle MLME-ops on hardware side: you have a problem.

Using at86rf2xx's extended operating mode allows you to figure out if an ACK
was received or not, but not all models allows you to read if and how many
retransmissions were necessary.

Cheers,
Oleg
--
printk (KERN_ERR "%s: Oops - your private data area is hosed!\n", ...)
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/ewrk3.c