Hi Baptiste!

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 07:07:17PM +0200, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
> If you get deeper, I think they use it to get the power of the
> transmission and may be something else that I missed:
> https://github.com/openthread/openthread/blob/master/src/core/mac/mac.cpp#L993

Thanks for the pointer. So, OpenThread is basically not interested in the ACK
itself, but the accompanying information like RSSI and/or LQI. Well, in that
case, I guess there's no way around using the base mode of the at86rf2xx.
Thomas once started a branch for that which seemed to work fine at a first
glance: https://github.com/thomaseichinger/RIOT/tree/feat/rf2xx_basic_netdev2

Not sure how much work would be required to rebase it on current master. One
would also need to check if OpenThread also takes care about sending ACKs and
retransmissions itself.

Cheers,
Oleg
--
"The idea is to keep the green alien landing craft from taking up humans from
the ground and changing them into mutants. A mutant is very dangerous to you,