I've upgraded a machine from an early version of 4.2.99 (.1 I think) and
find a couple problems.  I am unable to kill the server with
Ctr-Alt-BkSpc as mentioned in several earlier list emails, although this
problem is listed as resolved.  Are there changes required in XF86Config
or elsewhere to make this work?  I expected XF86Config would be
compatible with earlier versions of 4.2.99.x.

Here are relevant sections of XF86Config:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

Will this no longer be sufficient to get the old behavior?

Log file: http://kevb.net/files/XFree86_nokill_nomouse.log

--
Kevin