Kaixo!

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 01:31:45AM +0700, Ivan Pascal wrote:

> > On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 08:55, Ivan Pascal wrote:
> > > Now Turkish keyboard users just have to set XkbOption "caps:shift".

> I risk to seem impolite but did you try this option before making such
> assertion?  If you tried you would notice that it is not true.

Mmh, indeed it seems to work (I only tested a handful letters, but it seems
ok).

The name was misleading I thought it was the system where capslock
is similar to shift lock (how is that mode named then?)

And why isn't "caps:shift" made the default? It doesn't seem to change
anything for other layouts (after some quick tests).

> > The Turkish user might well wonder why everybody else gets a useful
> > caps lock key, while they have this monstrosity.
>
> Do you have real complains from Turkish users?

Well, I regularly do.
Now that I know it, I would ensure that caps:shift is set
for the keyboards needing it.

> I want to assure you it works as expected.  CapsLock affects alphabetic keys
> only. XKB automaticaly recognizes what keys are 'letter' ones.  Shift
> key being pressed cancels CapsLock action.  What is wrong?

Why isn't that the default CapsLock behaviour?
And what is exactly the difference between the caps:shift and the currently
default behaviour?

> Of course, you may add a 'specila case' kludge to Xlib.  But the problem you
> want to solve doesn't exist actually.

Thanks.
Note also that /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/README.enhancing is outdated, it
doesn't talk about "caps:shift"