On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:59:19AM +1000, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> to the best of my knowledge, no. i remember it being discussed, but keith was
> very particular on a client being able to depend on the exact output of render
> so software and hardware/render routines could match. i can't find anything in
> the api that seems to indicate that you can hint saying "ok - no need to be
> exact. close enough is good enough" unless you mean the scaling filters (which
> have generic names like "fast" "good" "best" as well as "bilienar" and
> "nearest"), but that's about it.

Reading the spec, what I'm thinking of is Precise vs. Imprecise
polygon mode.

   When rasterized in Precise mode, the pixelization will match this
   specification exactly.

   When rasterized in Imprecise mode, the pixelization may deviate
   from this specification by up to 1/2 pixel along any edge subject
   to the following constraints: ...

etc. I guess you are talking about image operations though so
nevermind. ;-)

The "Fast", "Good", and "Best" filter aliases as you say do seem to
allow pretty much any filter routine you want, at least.

Havoc