On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 07:06:58PM -0500, Warren Turkal wrote:
>Here is a patch for page size problems on ia64 and radeon.

At least some of the patches you're sending (this one in particular)
have been previously submitted and reviewed.  Specifically, this patch
makes no actual change for ia64, the architecture claimed to be the
problem.

>Patch by Chris Ahna:
>
>Fixes critical page size problems on ia64 architecture.  See following URL
>for
>details:
>
>https://external-lists.valinux.com/archives/linux-ia64/2001-August/002037.html
>
>Comment by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
>This probably should be rewritten to be outside of the drivers themselves so
>that it doesn't have to be done per-driver.  I'm applying this to our
>XFree86 for now however until I've got time to investigate doing it more
>generically.

As I said when I reviewed this originally, getpagesize(), which is
aliased to xf86getpagesize(), should reliably find the page size on all
architectures, so this comment is redundant.

DRM_PAGE_SIZE should simply be defined to getpagesize(), providing that is
consistent with what the kernel interfaces expect.

David
--
David Dawes
Founder/committer/developer                     The XFree86 Project