I've been thinking about how to make X more "userfriendly".

Driver "nvidia,vesa"

Is a line like this possible, or could it be a good suggestion to
implement? It would allow fallback from one driver to another in case
the first doesn't function. One of the main complaints I've been hearing
from various people I'm working with is how X doens't "Just Work". In
that you can plug it in, and see a screen. Certainly most of this is up
to the fault of the packager, but some of it is because they'res some
things the packager would need to work around that are difficult, such
as detecting that X failed to launch, so switching it to vesa mode and
trying again.

--
Jerry Haltom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Feedback Plus, Inc.