> Enter NX now.
>
> NX solves the latency problem. Once solved the latency
> problem it treats bandwidth as part of the picture and
> tries to achieve that good compression.
>
> http://www.nomachine.com/documentation/NX-XProtocolCompression.php
>
> The NX proxy system rewrites the wire X protocol to be
> efficient on low bandwidth, high latency networks. It is
> not a reengineering of the X protocol, because it uses the
> the X protocol, but it is a layer managing the differences
> between X over local socket communication and X over the
> network.

In the paper "Profiling the X Protocol" by John Daskin & Pat Hanrahan,
Its is given that most X messages trains are less than 100 bytes and since
the TCP/IP protocol adds 48 bytes of header information, this is a bigh
overhead, (and hence he has suggested using Compressed Serial IP over PPP
(CSLIP/PPP) since it adds only 7 bytes of header information. )

Does NX already adress this?