On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM,  <shane.kea...@accenture.com> wrote:
> I'd think one project could handle all the removed features we want to
> support as static libraries
> e.g.
> qftp
> qhttp
> qsettings
>
> "qt4support" isn't a terrible name, unless it has too bad connotations.

I don't really get what's wrong with that name, even with the stigma
of it, because that's exactly what it is. It's a place to put stuff
which isn't wanted in mainstream Qt due to deprecation, but which must
be kept around to help ensure Qt 5's source compatibility promise of
minimal porting effort.

Sure, we might not like the fact that we need a 'support' library, but
if we want to move this stuff, we have to put it somewhere, or break
source compatibility. This is one case where we can't have our cake
and eat it too.

(+1 from me)