On Tuesday July 17 2012, Andre Somers wrote:
> Op 16-7-2012 23:52, Thiago Macieira schreef:
[...]
> > That includes the fact that QList<QVariant> is extremely inefficient.
>
> That being the case, would it be possible to at least document these
> issues properly then? I think it is not all that clear from the
> documentation that QList is so inefficient for these cases. I don't
> think documentation changes are binary incompatible ;-)
[...]

Would a patch that makes certain QList instantiations privately inherit
QVector acceptable? I'm thinking QList<QModelIndex>, QList<QVariant>, mostly,
probably others. That would require a patch that made QList and QVector
identical, API-wise, and that, in turn, would require "using member;" support
in the compiler (the QT_NO_USING define is still in the code).

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.m...@kdab.com> | Senior Software Engineer