Michael,

> It works under Windows with TTSSH and I use it to access the e-smith web
> panel with the forward of the local port 980 on the windows machine to the
> e-smith server port 980.

Have you been able to get TTSSH to work with command-line arguments?
Or do you configure the port forwarding through the GUI?

It works when I use the GUI.  I run "ttssh" and get the first window. I
say that I want to connect to a host and choose ssh as the connection type.
I'm prompted for user and password. Supply them... and I'm in.
Now I go to the Setup menu and choose "SSH Forwarding...".
Click on "Add..." and enter the local port (8000), remote machine (localhost),
and remote port (980). Hit OK and then OK again. Flip to web browser
and enter "http://localhost:8000";, enter user and pass... and there I am.

But according to the ttssh documentation, I should also be able to
use ttssh from the command line with something like:

  ttssh 192.168.16.222:22 /ssh-L8000:localhost:980

I get a Tera Term window that says "SSH-1.99-OpensSSH_2.3.0pl" and then
the cursor just sits there flashing. No prompt for user and pass. My
only thought is that I need more command-line options.

I'd like to document this so that Windows users could have one commandline
that they could enter into a script (or icon) to start a tunnel to their
e-smith server.  Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739