On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 10:17:26PM -0800, Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Gordon Rowell wrote:
> > This is wrong and does not happen on our boxes.
> > [Correction - it does :-( ]
> > Please send
> > the output of
> > "rpm -q e-smith-email" and "rpm -V e-smith-email".
>
> [root@e-smith /root]# rpm -q e-smith-email
> e-smith-email-4.4.0-09
> [root@e-smith /root]# rpm -V e-smith-email
> [root@e-smith /root]#

Congratulations Darrell, you found a bug :-)

e-smith-email-4.4.0-10 now available in

ftp://ftp.e-smith.com/pub/e-smith/dev/e-smith-4.1rc3/updates

There is also an e-smith-ntp update there, which handles the case where an
NTP server is entered by name, but that name resolves to multiple IP
addresses, and so multiple firewall rules are required.

> > > You need to SIGHUP qmail-send to re-read the file (or
> > restart qmail.init).
>
> Remember I'm a newbie.  Still don't know how to 'SIGHUP qmail-send'.

Send the "SIGHUP" signal to qmail-send. Normally, you can run
"killall -HUP qmail-send", but some processes (e.g. sshd) don't like this
and you must send the HUP (hangup - often used to signal a reload of
configuration files) signal to the "parent" sshd process.

> For 'restart qmail.init', finally guessed you meant:
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail.init restart

Correct. Less subtle, but effective.

> So I manually edited /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains as shown
> below:
> [...]
> Did the above qmail.init restart and tested by sending
> an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Everything worked that time.

Excellent - as it should.

> Possible 'bug' in the expand-template action?

No, a bug in the template itself. Missing newline in one case, which is why
there were concatenated lines.

> Let me know if you need anything further.
> This is a fresh 4.1rc.3 install. No upgrades.

It's a bug - fixed.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)