On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 08:09:59AM -0800, Greg Swallow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have been trying to follow along with your instructions as well Gordon.
>
> I created the 50info file in the
> /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains directory
> with the line:
> gregswallow.dhs.org:user001

OK.

> In user001's home directory I created the file .qmail-default with the line:
> user001 (This is supposed to be in the root of user001's home directory,
> correct? not in home or maildir?)

Correct - ~user001/.qmail and place it there.

> I did read up at qmail.org, and issued the command "killall -HUP qmail-send"
>
> The result is that mail is only accepted at [EMAIL PROTECTED], not
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

As far as I can see, you haven't expanded the template. I guess you also
have gregswallow.dhs.org in as a virtualdomain from the web interface.
Display the full headers of the mail to check how it's being delivered.

> Should adding the 50info file change the contents of the
> /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file?

No, you also need to expand the template (before sending the SIGHUP).

/sbin/e-smith/signal-event console-save

will expand the template and SIGHUP qmail-send for you. It's overkill, but
you do need to be careful if using expand-template directly that you get
the output permissions correct, especially on rc.d/init.d/masq for example.

Please note: /sbin/e-smith/expand-template is only for testing. The action
scripts take care to set the permissions properly, but expand-template has
no way to know this information.

> I see that Darrell May edited this file directly.

That was to workaround a bug which has now been fixed.

> I went to look at it and when I opened it with VI it warned
> me that there was a virtualdomains.swp file and not to modify the contents.

The warning is true - don't edit the file directly. It will be clobbered
next time the template is expanded. The "virtualdomains.swp" warning means
that you are already editing the file with another copy of vi.

> If you could comment on the steps I'm taking I would appreciate it.  I am
> still using 4.1B3, but if I upgrade or reinstall with 4.1RC3 are these steps
> correct?

They won't change.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)