On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Richard Ford wrote:
> Can the setup allow for many clients to be shutdown by the one master
> client.

Yes.  I would refer you to the powstatd documentation though - I haven't
tried it myself, just read about it.

It uses a master on a fixed IP with slave versions listening to that IP.
The data stream is encrypted to avoid malicious shutdown.  You will need
to rebuild from source as it is set at compile time whether powstatd is to
be master or slave in the makefile.

Have a look at my howto - this is the configuration you will
have to do for the master once you have powstatd installed. Once it
is working you should be able to copy the configuration across to
the slave servers and test.

Graeme Robinson - Graenet consulting
www.graenet.com - internet solutions