> Wow, this topics is still confusing....
> Just to clearify the contents of this email:
>
> - subject : Samba as domain-controller on 5.1 alpha (samba 2.2.1a)
> - topic: where to put (hidden) roving/roaming user profiles

Yes, this was a very confusing topic, but development is rarely a linear
process.

> So, all in all , one could choose to use :
>
>  logon home = \\%N\%U\.profile
>  logon path = \\%N\%U\.profile

This seems to make good sense to me.  I realize we've been around the block
about four times on this, but what do you think Gordon?  It's definitely
more logical than what we are currently using as the profiles are stored in
the same locations regardless of the OS.

Regards,

Greg Zartman