> Point taken.  I agree templates are best left for the experts.  But in my
> example, if comments are not found in the templated files the user is
> more likely to change smb.conf directly following the 'expert' advice of
> their database software support tech.
> We all know where that will lead.

I wonder if pulling some of these parameters into the server-manager wouldn't
help.  Sort of a SWAT for SME machines.  It could have all of the domain
features we've been recently discussing along with other common features.
Many of the options listed in such an interface could be simple yes/no or
pick form a list type items.  Very simular to the Domain Master option
currently in server manager.  When you select YES, SME alters the correct
smb.conf parameters to make you SME machine a Domain Master.

Regards,

Greg Zartman