First thanks for your mail Michael - I had started a reply but Darrells
mail makes them redundant

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Darrell May wrote:
> I use this parameter to set logon home
>
> # [25rovingProfilesComment]
> # Where to store roving profiles (only for Win95 and WinNT)
> # %L substitutes for this servers netbios name, %U is username
> # WinNT/W2K uses logon path
> # Win9x uses logon home
>     logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
>     logon home = \\%L\%U\.profiles
>
> Graeme, try editing this to:
>
>     logon home = \\%L\%

OK, did this and then expanded the templates and restarted samba.
The changes appear in /etc/smb.conf but the home switch still fails to
work.

I will go back to comparing the original smb.conf and the modified
version, but work commitments will mean this won't be today :-(

Graeme Robinson - Graenet consulting
www.graenet.com - internet solutions