stephen noble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> try it, it doesn't work
> mail to shared goes to everyone

Hi Stephen.  Thanks for your report but I can not confirm this.  The
feature of blocking external mail to these defaults groups has always
existed and my contribution does not alter this existing code.

I can only confirm in my testing that it clearly does work, just as
expected.  A snippet from my maillog this morning shows the following test
output:

Incoming message attempt from external source ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

[begin]
Jan 10 12:24:51 e-smith smtpd[2282]: SMTP HELO from
h24-71-223-10.cg.shawcable.net(24.71.223.10) as "pd4mo1so.prod.shaw.ca"
Jan 10 12:24:51 e-smith smtpd[2282]: mail from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Jan 10 12:24:51 e-smith smtpd[2282]: smtp connection from
[EMAIL PROTECTED](24.71.223.10) attempted MAIL FROM:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> RCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, noto by line 34 of
/etc/smtpd_check_rules
Jan 10 12:24:51 e-smith smtpd[2282]: Discarded bad recipient
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[end]

As you can see this message receives a 'noto by line 34' from the existing
template fragment '30InternalOnly' and is discarded at the smtp connection
just as we want it to be.  As we are being good Internet citizens smtpd
sends a failure reply to shaw.ca smtp server.  The shaw.ca server then is
very cooperative and sends this error back to the sender:

[begin]
Thursday, January 10 2002 09:22