Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> Michael I tried your Courier IMAP HowTo.  Here is my report:
>
> Step 6 was unclear.  'Revise the generated shell script doit.sh'.  I did
> not understand what you wanted or needed to be revised in this script.  It
> looked fine to me?
I wanted to give you a last chance to check the script, before it starts
modifiying your system. If it is ok, just run it!

> However when using IMP and sending an e-mail the sender has the message in
> their sent-mail folder but the recipient never receives it in the inbox.
> think it failed on the inbox conversion.  Anything I can check?
IMAP is not involved in mail delivery at all. Have you procmail installed?
Have you changed all the pathes?

> It also appears this Courier IMAP implementation bypasses obtuse_smtpd and
> smtpd_check_rules.  Is this correct?  I hope this is not the case and just
> my broke install.
>
> Let me know if you need anything further.  Testing was done on a SME 5.1.2
> test server.  I do have RAV installed.  Have you tested with RAV?

Yes! RAV works.
> I will rebuild and try a fresh install as time permits.

Cannot be related to the IMAP server. You can uninstall IMAP and POP3 and
email delivery (including RAV scanning) will be still working. (But then you
must read your email using the cat command :->)

Regards,
Michael