> forum but Darrell, COME ON, with an answer like that.....Have you ever
> considered going to work for Micro$oft?  Stuff like this is what gives

Tek,

Darrell didn't say anything that hasn't been said 10's if not hundreds
of times by many others in this forum.  DEVINFO is for development
discussion, not tech. support questions.  Don't get me wrong, it's very
tempting to post a question to this forum as there is ALOT of talent in
here.  If folks didn't keep the forum on course, it would quickly turn
into a "free for all."

available forums.  You'll see one called experienced users forum.  Use
this forum for posting question.

> Stuff like this is what gives the open-source "community" a bad name.

> Penguins are supposed to help

You must be very new to SME and this community.  I think you'll find
that both the experienced users (e.g. Darrell) and all of the Mitel
folks that listen to the forums give ALOT of their own time and talent
to helping folks with free tech. support.

I think maybe you're a little bent out of shape because someone
mentioned paid for support and open-source in the same sentence.  Maybe
you view this as a bad thing, but I certainly don't.  You have the
option to either spend the time to figure it out on your own (i.e., the
typical open-source software approach) or pay someone to give you their
undivided attention to help you solve the problem.  How can that
possibly be bad?

> I hope this message serves to remind others of the "open source" and
> "free information for all" policies that Linux was founded upon.

On the contrary, I think all you've accomplished with your message is

creating yet another off topic thread.

--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President