On these events (which happen often enough, such as on reboot) it
completely blows away the entire LDAP db, creates an LDIF with all the
users from the SME accounts db, then recreates the LDAP db from scratch
using that LDIF.  This would not be nice in a Rolodap type environment.

For an example see /etc/e-smith/events/console-save/S80ldap-rebuild

JP