Hi Folks

I am looking to start a discussion about dial-up on SME. As some you
have found out (the hard) - SME dial-up seems to be irratic!

Now I am not looking blame Mitel for this problem, I am after a solution
not a fight!

Firstly I would like to find as much as possible about diald?
Also are there any alternates?

To give you an idea of the problem, here is a report from our
dial-up/auth server on 1 of hour SME server:

Calls = 639, Time online = 51:20:50, 55MB in, 13MB out
Cnt     Dialed From    Cnt     Dialed From    Cnt     Dialed From
639

As you can see there have been 639 calls in the last 8 days!!!! Seem
excessive?

The problem as I understand is not just from SME side but client side
you have problems (Windows 98 dns queries, Antivirus updates, etc) - how
can we control these apps from triggering dial-ups?

--

Regards
Brandon Friedman