On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:41:33PM +0200, Brandon Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> [...]
> Yes, this is using dialmon - we install this by default.
>

> We would like the link to be down all time unless there is a schedule
> mail retrieval.

You have all the bits you need to make this work.

> However if the user wants to connect to the internet and browse there
> should a webpage with a connect button and a timeout for the modem!

I also did this with Stephen some time back (about two years ago, from
my memory). Bringing up the link is a simple matter of sending "up"
to the diald fifo. The timeout will automatically be handled by diald.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Director, Engineering