"little bark, BIG BYTE!!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> A home directory would still be created for the user, on;y in the
> form of user.domain.
>
> Would this make it easier to create a multi domain managed system?

I believe there are forum post about 'dot' names causing issues with the
latest SME releases.  Search the forums.  IMO I don't see this being a
benefit anyhow.

What may be nice is if you built this Howto into a separate panel:

http://myezserver.com/downloads/mitel/howto/vdomain-alias-howto.html

I suggest you start with this project then expand as necessary.

You may find using the user-manager package as a guide quite helpful.  In
the user-manager we deal with user home dirs and .qmail.  Should be easy to
follow the same code for the ~HOME/.qmail-default entries.

Finally, if you want your panel to be available for all SME releases, code
in perl, not FormMagick.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com