Why make a GPL restriction?.  Sourceforge, Freshmeat and just about every
You are correct, there is no reason to exclude commercial software. The intention of my GPL comment was that the repository not be used as a promotional vehicle for one specific organization.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem what so ever with consulting. I own an engineering consulting company myself.

--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.