Quoting Abe Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> the bandwidth?  Is there an easy way to integrate the uploading of actual
> content (phpFileExchange or webshare perhaps)?

Possibly (although Jeff Coleman states they have descent bandwidth avail),
some 'mirror' sites could help.  I also have space/'moderate' bandwidth avail,
and others may.

> Also, Mitel (at least, Michael Soulier anyway) has already expressed an
> interest in redesigning the contribs site, if that's what is necessary.

This would be great, but, I suspect Mitel is having difficulty handilng the
requests (volume, timing with the commercial changes, whatever)...i.e. I have
submitted to both listed email addresses quite some time ago now w/out
response...I would guess I am not alone.

> (http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo@lists.e-smith.org/msg11251.html)
> Maybe, we as a community need to determine what we would like to use as a
> forum for posting our contribs.  In my mind, this would be something that
> is
> 1. Easy to use, 2. Results in less man-power provided by host, 3. Allow
> community moderators to verify content/correctness/layout, and 4. Easy to
> use (moderated) upload area for content.

Linkbase 'looks' like (I have a test implement on my server as well) a viable
alternative here...the biggest question would be the necessary space to host
content for those w/out bandwidth for their links.

Craig D. Jensen

www.acenet-tech.org