On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 15:30, Jeff Coleman wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> Your comment about a mailing list is appropriate.  It is definitely easier
> to follow a thread on a list.
>
> We will setup a list shortly on contribs.org to discuss the future and
> potential of the e-smith release.

I couldn't agree more with you and Charlie concerning a forum vs. a real
mailing list.

> John Cusick - my thoughts as to running this on a wicki at your site is that
> we could easily fragment the info into too many locations.  Contribs.org has
> the bandwidth and capacity to host this discussion and any others deemed
> necessary in a single location.
>
> To me, that is a commanding argument.

I don't have a problem with that.  I just happen to feel that wikis are
more efficient and much easier to re-factor than forums, and it was/is
already setup. That was my primary, off-the-cuff feeling when I saw the
posts today.

> Regardless of the future that mitel has planned for the gpl version,
> contribs.org will be here to support it and the many developers (both Mitel
> and otherwise) who care to participate.

For now, it seems that Mitel is still supporting the GPL version, so why
not use this mailing list untill the dust settles? Everyone is already
subscribed...

> -Jeff Coleman
> On behalf of contribs.org

Regards,