This really is a non issue. I have 21 translators who worked on SmoothWall GPL
that are itching for something to do.

21 translators, just sitting around doing nothing. You certainly are a big thinker Richard. Do you know a guy by the name of Chuck Heinenkamp?

going to be the best kick ass server distro and its in English (never did
Vax/Unix or Sco any harm...). 95% of the world realise that English IS the first
language of the web and as SME is a web based distro you have to take it as red
thats where to go.

I think the bigger issue is the community as it sits right now is largely a english speaking community. Proposing a merge with a French speaking project poses several logistical issues, and we already have our fair share of those.

Decisions have to be made.

They are being made.

through mollasses and build brick walls it becomes a pain. If every time we add
a feature or a fix it needs 21 people to all commit a language text file think
how long it would add. It's so not doable.

Mitel didn't even do this and they had a staff of professionals. IMO, we should move ahead in our native language and invite those who are fluent in other languages to join the community.

Just my 2p worth - I have after all only done this 19 times.

Thanks what I understand. We all may not have 19 GPL projects under our belts, but I think most would be impressed with the collective resumes of those working on the project over at contribs.org. We can go back and forth all day about this kind of stuff, yet it gets us no-where. Posturing rarely does.

My 2p worth...

Greg
--
Greg J. Zartman

"Life in entertainment and survival is a game"

-- Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Searchable archive at http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org