On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Greg Zartman wrote:

> > Beyond that, much of FormMagick could be reworked.
>
> That's not good news...

Much of linux "could be reworked", but that's not necessarily good or bad
news.

> > Historically, we've used the CGI module's methods to output tables. I
> > see nothing wrong with your suggested approach, but I'm unclear as to
> > how it would integrate with a FormMagick page description. Perhaps an
> > example is in order.
>
> I'll work something up.
>
> I've played around some with creating server-manager panels based
> entirely on HTML::Template and had mixed feelings about it.

That sounds like a large chunk to bite off.

> The primary hurdle that I found myself running into was the extensive
> use of style sheets in FM panels.

Style sheets are a Good Thing. You don't want to throw that away (IMO).

> In a nutshell, I'm trying to come up with a panel approach that can be
> successfully deployed by the community.

Perhaps it's still too early to abandon the idea that FM can do that. Some
tutorial documentation would help, I'm sure.

> For the most part, no one outside of Mitel understands FM.

I don't know that anyone outside you has really tried.

Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.