Maybe, maybe not.

contribs.org is simply providing a central place with information about the (future) development. All this information is for 'free' and everybody can contribute and share this information.

Choosing any internal mechanisme is just another way of organising this information.

I guess if the majority of the community doesn't like the way contribs.org initially organises the information, it will provide sufficient feedback.

Regards,
Hsing-Foo