Hi,

I compiled and repackaged Joris van Rantwijk's powerswitch module for
the SME server. From Joris' documentation:

        The powerswitch driver makes it possible to use the ATX power
button on
        your computer to shutdown Linux. You simply press the power
button, and
        the driver shuts down Linux and powers off the machine, just
like the
        shutdown command does.

I tested it on SME 6.0, but can't see why it shouldn't work on 5.5/5.6.
It would be nice if somebody could verify this for me.

The module was compiled on an Athlon Duron system, but also tested on a
Celeron system. Again, if anyone finds issues with some particular types
of hardware, please let me know.

You can get the contrib via
http://www.contribs.org/contribs/mblotwijk/HowToGuides/powerswitch.htm

Have fun with it.