> What QOS does the internet have in general? We need simply to have
> enough local bandwidth, enough of a buffer, enough parallel requests and
> enough redundancy.

Assuming this isn't a rhetorical question - the only guarantee that the
Internet makes at the IP layer is that your packet will probably reach
its destination soon after you send it, and it probably won't be
corrupted.

> What exactly about it is unreasonable? Non-broadband nodes are generally
> worthless.

Well, many broadband connections can only upload at 20kbytes/sec, so for
a 40kbyte/sec stream you need two of them, irrespective of how you are
streaming.

> NIO should help a lot [with load], and will be a primary focus of 0.5.2.
> What ClientInfo patch?

I was given the impression that NIO would be a massive undertaking.  you
don't think so?

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke                ian@[freenetproject.org|locut.us|cematics.com]