On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 11:27:50AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> But as nobody reads README files, I vote for Greg's suggestion:
>       - Put local time in UTC format on Web Interface

Why?  If they are Windows users then the time will be at the bottom
right of their screen all day every day - if they don't notice that
being set incorrectly, then they aren't going to notice something on the
Freenet page, and how many people will even know what the time
difference between them and UTC is supposed to be?

>       - display warning if [local time] is "very" different from [global average
> time]. For that it would be necessary for the nodes to tell their [local
> time].

Again, this is total overkill, the time taken to implement this would be
much more productively spent on the multitude of usability issues
reported to [EMAIL PROTECTED] every day.  How many support
emails do we receive from people whose problem is that their clock isn't
set correctly?

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Coordinator, The Freenet Project              http://freenetproject.org/