On Monday 21 July 2003 02:50 pm, Toad wrote:
> > 4. If a site fails, automatically try altdbrurl BEFORE prompting the
> > user. 5. If we are using altdbrurl or a previous dated copy, make that
> > apply to the ENTIRE SITE. There is nothing worse then getting an error,
> > because todays edition cannot be found, clicking on a link and being told
> > the same thing again.
>
> Don't do that. altdbrurl would take you to yesterday's edition, and you
> would never see today's edition. Doing this automatically would be
> really annoying.

OK, maybe 4 wouldn't work, but 5 differently needs to be dome. I'm tired of
going to yoyo or the tower, clicking on a link, not finding it, clicking on
yesterdays edition, cause I don't care about the date, and being redirected
to the main page.

Also please see my previous responce in this thread, I already ansewered some
of your other questions.