On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:33:21 +0100
"Niklas Bergh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1. What are all those threads registered as doing and what OS and JVM
> version and so on are you using? Can you give us all the data from
> http://localhost:8888/servlet/nodeinfo/internal/env

I have no idea what the threads are doing; if I manage to catch this
problem in progress before it cripples my node, I'm lucky to be able to
load anything at all. The hard drive thrashing on that machine is what
usually alerts me that this is taking place, and I typically go straight
for "General Information" to see what's going on.  As for the
environment, here is the current info, note that this is after just
restarting the node, while everything is working OK:

Architecture x86
Available processors 1
Operating System Windows 2000
OS Version 5.0
Java Virtual Machine
JVM Vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
JVM Name Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
JVM Version 1.4.2_01-b06
Memory Allocation
Maximum memory the JVM will allocate 130,112 KiB
Memory currently allocated by the JVM 32,396 KiB
Memory in use 18,779,432 Bytes
Estimated memory used by logger None
Unused allocated memory 14,392,176 Bytes
Data Store
Maximum size 10 GiB
Free space 1,431,240 KiB
Used space 9,054,520 KiB
Percent used 86
Total keys 20624
Space used by temp files None
Maximum space for temp files 3,579,139,520 Bytes
Most recent file access time Wed Nov 19 05:57:39 CST 2003
Least recent file access time Sun Oct 12 08:28:23 CDT 2003
Transports
Current IPv4 address 24.165.219.243
Current IPv4 port 8320
ARK sequence number 2
Last ARK sequence number inserted 2
Thread Pool
Total pooled threads 14
Available pooled threads 5
Pooled threads in use 9
Pooled Thread Consumers
Class Threads used
Checkpoint: Connection opener  8
freenet.interfaces.LocalNIOInterface$ConnectionShell 1

> 2. Where exactly are those threads stuck? It would be good if you could
> provide us with a complete stack dump. To generate a full dump (windows
> method) you need to run fred from a console and hit ctrl-Break (keep a
> large screenbuffer).

Can you give any pointers on how to run Freenet from the console under
Windows? I've run Freenet on OSX and FreeBSD, but I'm not familiar with
the appropriate Windows command line arguments; the wrapper app seems to
control all of the parameters on Windows.

-s