Juiceman skrev:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Zero3<ze...@zerosplayground.dk> wrote:
>> Juiceman skrev:
>>> Is that separate from the freenetlauncher.exe?
>> Yes. Will be located in the bin folder. The launcher has no user
>> interface and does nothing but load fproxy in the best available browser
>> when executed. The tray manager is reponsible for keeping a tray icon
>> running in the background.
>
> Ah, ok.  I will need Toad to push it to the website folder where I can get it.

He can't do that before it is released, though (or he could temporarily
upload the beta version of course)

>>> Honestly, adding the tray manager would be easy enough for
>>> installations that have been done with the new wininstaller you
>>> created, but older installs won't work because they are lacking
>>> installid.dat (although I could probably create it, hmm...)
>> I don't think we should mess around with installations by the old
>> installer - no. But adding the tray manager to installations made with
>> the new wininstaller would be cool. We might want to branch the update
>> script into one version for old installations and one for wininstaller
>> installations?
>
> I will install the tray with a prompt then.  Might there be permissions
> issues?

Hmm. Most likely not on XP, but Vista might whine if we try to add a
shortcut to the all users startup folder. We might have to ask the user
kindly to manually create the shortcut if it fails.

> I can do it easy enough with one script.  I think I will test for
> installid.dat and if found ask to install the tray program.

Sounds like a good plan :).

>> We could also silently install it? But I'd rather ask, to be honest..
>> The good old DOS "choice" command (probably not included in XP/Vista,
>> but can be downloaded from various sites) has a timeout setting, after
>> which it will continue with a default value (no, in our case) anyway.
>
> I thought about the choice command (I have used it before) but you are
> right in that it is not available on XP and I'd rather not bundle any
> more files than necessary.

Agreed. Maybe there is another way?

>>> I see you are now installing via the system account instead of
>>> creating a user called "freenet", how does this affect my work?
>> Yea. You should give access via cacls/icacls to the LocalService user
>> instead... Though you shouldn't need to do that at all on wininstaller
>> installations. The installer fixes the access for the main installation
>> folder with the "inherit" flag active, meaning that any changed/new
>> files will get the correct access automatically.
>
> What happens if I just change it now?  Do I need to do them both in case?
> Maybe I'll just do (on XP)
> if %VISTA%==0 echo Y| cacls %LOCATION% /E /T /C /G freenet:F /G LocalService:F
> I changed the . to %LOCATION%  that should affect the Freenet
> installation folder and cause inheritance, right?

("." would be equal to the install folder.)

I'm not sure what you mean? I was trying to say that the wininstaller
already fixes the access levels at install time, so update.cmd doesn't
need to do it at all.

- Zero3