If I'm correct, there are no Linux package-management packages because
1) freenet-ext.jar is difficult to package
2) We release too many builds to continously update the packages.

As far as I know, there has been much work invested in architectural changes
which could allow splitting of freenet-ext.jar. Would this make it possible to
run Linux builds solely with existing libraries from package-management
instead of putting out our own freenet-ext package?

Further, we have been releasing very few builds for the past months, so point
2) is invalid now. [I think it never was valid. If one doesn't release
packages because he needs too many new versions this is merely a sign of bad
software development discipline. We OUGHT to know which builds contain
critical security fixes. If we manage to always declare builds as critical or
not, we should be able to handle being in package management by not updating
the package with every new non-critical build]

Given that all of our core developers seem to be Linux users anyway it's a
shame that there are no packages and maybe now it would possible to offer some?