On Saturday 15 Dec 2012 00:12:35 xor wrote:
> On Friday, December 14, 2012 04:29:56 PM you wrote:
> > >
> > > Ahh nice.
> > > Any chance to get them into Debian 7? It will be done rather soon.
> >
> > Getting a package into Debian means freezing it for YEARS. This is not
> > acceptable for Freenet at this stage of its development.
> > > And what about Ubuntu? Its more important than Debian nowadays.
> >
> > Even for Ubuntu this would not work.
>
> Why?
>
> I've been seeing lots of non-security package updates for Ubuntu over the
> years. I don't understand why packaging it would require us to "freeze" it.
> I am not even certain what you mean by "freezing" it?

LTS releases are frozen for 7 years. Even normal releases typically are run for
at least a year.

Frozen = no code changes other than important bug fixes. In particular, major
changes to solve architectural problems (e.g. to improve security) are
unacceptable.

But go look up the policies for yourself if you don't believe me.