As an alternate solution to the Ant/Maven discussion, here's a different
approach to attracting new developers...

The complex "Get involved" guide https://freenetproject.org/developer.html
which currently says how to Git clone / obtain libraries / compile, shall be
replaced by those 3 steps:

> How to contribute to Freenet:
>
> 1. Install Freenet: By running Freenet, you can donate part of your
> diskspace and bandwidth to the community.
>
> 2. Chose a subproject you like and want to contribute to:
> https://wiki.freenetproject.org/Projects
>
> 3. Join the developers' chat on IRC at [link to webchat]. Tell us that
> you'd like to contribute to your project of choice: We will help you
> with obtaining the source code of your favorite project; and tell you where
> you can find its TODO list.

This avoids the problem of build systems entirely by offering newbies to help
them personally with compiling. Thats a good idea anyway since we'll never be
able to make *ALL* sub-projects use the same build system.

Further, it is more focused on what a new developer is probably interested in:
*What* to work on, not *how* the work will look specifically in terms of
command line tools.

The sub-project list https://wiki.freenetproject.org/Projects should provide
an up-to-date overview since I spent quite a few hours on completing it just
the last week. I'll also make sure to keep maintaining it, as I think having a
full list of all software built on top of Freenet is absolutely mandatory for
being able to finally get everything bundled-by-default.

Credit for discovering that the current "Get involved" guide is too complex
goes to Steve! Thanks! :)