On Tue, 2015-11-03 at 10:11 -0600, Ian wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Florent Daigniere <
> nextg...@freenetproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > Tor and its ecosystem is a better example...
> >

> Tor is a much more mature project than Freenet,

Well, it's not older

>  with vastly more resources,

Sure, but that's also by choice and thanks to a consistent strategy
(funding wise if nothing else).

> and a much simpler underlying design, because ultimately it's solving
> simpler problem.

A simpler problem for which they've found a variety of users (and the
associated sponsors).

>   Sure, it would be great to have those advantages, but we
> don't.

We don't because we chose not to. We could have settled on a simpler
problem; or catered for specific user-communities that actually need
such a technology (and could sponsor)

OR

decide that we don't need/want funding and make-do with (intentionally)
limited resources.

Any of the above is superior to what we're doing at the moment (chose
not to have a strategy and an absent leader).

Florent