On Monday, November 16, 2015 11:01:50 PM Dan Roberts wrote:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EohzxhrgM1Ky4CaKpk72WiUNepFeT5krdReEKxDy
> L8o/edit?usp=sharing

Huge thanks for dealing with this!

Here's my feedback (you can ignore my IRC private messages if you read the
following):

- I can't figure out how to specify my name without creating a Google account.
My contributions only appear as anonymous. Further, does this thing support a
version history? Otherwise, vandalism is difficult to detect.
Maybe use the Etherpad/Piratepad stuff instead for easier contribution?
Did you notice that Steve had started one already anyway?
http://piratepad.net/aZQoDXr5Ym

The above is also why I'm only sending you most of my feedback as mail for now
instead of fixing it myself right away :) I've commented some stuff there
though, and fixed some minor things which don't need discussion.

- It should mention what we plan to implement using WoT in a more concise
manner, and more close to the start of the document. I'd put that as an
enumeration, i.e. something like:
* Anonymous forum systems. Already implemented, only needs polishing to be
deployed.
* Anonymous filesharing. This is our #1 uservoice feature request. Will be
implemented using the forum systems.
* Anonymous social networking / microblogging (= Twitter). Already
implemented, only needs polishing to be deployed.
* Anonymous blogging. Already implemented and deployed, only needs polishing
to be enabled by default.
* Anonymous online shops. Can be implemented using the forum systems, or by
supporting OpenBazaar.
* Anonymous email. Already implemented and deployed, only needs polishing to
be enabled by default.

You could figure out more for that list from
https://wiki.freenetproject.org/Projects
but I think what I listed is already the most important ones - Freetalk, Sone,
FlogHelper, Freemail. Those are enough anyway, it's doubtful whether they can
finished with a year of funding.

These should be mentioned at the beginning due to the reasons my previous mail
in this thread described: Our lack of new features over the years sucks. So we
should prominently tell users which features they will get.
You might also want to mention another aspect I described in the previous
mail: Most of those features are already *implemented*, they only need
polishing + deployment, which is shame.

- Keep the document a bit shorter. Should fit 1 page IMHO. For example, remove
the Github/DVCS stuff, would only be interesting for developers, not users. I
also implicitly already recommended to shorten the OpenBazaar stuff by only
having it in the aforementioned enumeration.

- Here's the year count you want to fill in: I've been with Freenet for 7
years. 2 as an employee, 5 as a volunteer. ("/msg NickServ info xor-freenet"
to validate :)

- I'd use "Web of Trust" instead of "WebOfTrust".

Other than that, it's a really nice writeup already, and I'm confident we can
use it after some tweaks! :) Thanks again