On Mon, 2016-01-04 at 02:26 +0100, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> I asked myself that question. These are my answers. Please add yours!

I'll add to this.  As some may have noted from the previous "project
status" thread, I went through a process of trying to understand what
issues there were with the Freenet project.  I think the conflict in
that thread was caused by a difference in fundamental views which I
hadn't realised then but now, as a result of that thread, is much
clearer to me.

I think there is actually value in sharing this with the community now.
I can see that the community doesn't have a good view of the software.
It seems to be a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees.
I understand that I will be accused of trolling so I want to be clear
now, before those accusations are made: my intention is to facilitate a
psychological shift towards a more grounded, realistic view of both the
software and the project so that members of the community might more
wisely direct their efforts to bring censorship-resistant publishing
into fruition.  I realise that what I say will offend but I do so with
purpose, not just for the sake of it.  So without further ado:

What blocks Freenet adoption is: it's shit.