On 09/08/2016 02:13 AM, Dan Roberts wrote:
> Unfortunately I'm a groomsman in a wedding next saturday, but I still have

Congratulations! I hope that goes well!

> full availability on other weekends if planned ahead, and a few hours a day
> (depending). If we get the design (or maybe the preliminary design psd,
> just something better than cutting things out of an unlayered png) before
> this weekend, I can do significant work this weekend, and identify any
> major risks to the timeline. We could even check in Monday 9/12 and decide
> how to proceed. I'm pretty confident I can finish over 9/10-9/23, however,
> I'm *extremely* confident I can finish it 9/10-9/25 (16 days, but gives me
> a second full weekend)

Thanks for volunteering to do this!

> What is your timeline for the whole site, or was two weeks your target? We
> have a massive amount of copy to rewrite (and translations to redo?), and
> pages to restructure, or do you plan for us to get up and running with the
> old verbiage and gradually refine it? I do have some familiarity with
> Jekyll but I have no experience with translating Jekyll sites, I'm
> concerned about that. I do have a couple of ideas though.

I'd propose using the existing copy; anything else would introduce more
delay and cause the new site to launch with less translation available.
The community (and me because I get lots of source string clarification
questions) have put a lot of effort into the translations already. The
Spanish translations are complete; the French one has excellent (82%
website; 97% overall) coverage.

Whatever technology we use - be it through you or someone for hire - I'd
like to be sure it has support for localization in a way that makes it
easy for translators to contribute. Being a Ruby thing, it looks like
Jekyll uses YAML, which Transifex supports. Failing that, perhaps one of
the formats Pontoon supports? [1][2]

[0] http://docs.transifex.com/formats/yaml/
[1] https://pontoon.mozilla.org/
[2] https://mozilla-pontoon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/