On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 2:32 AM, Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@web.de
wrote:

Ian Clarke writes:

> Since you admit that the alternatives you are proposing aren't better than
using

> mean, which is the obvious choice,

The mean is prone to strategic voting, except for single yes/no

decisions. Just assume I had given 700 points to a single task. No one

voting honestly could have pushed this point out of the first position.
We should ignore anyone that is voting strategically, since they clearly violate
the instructions.  However when I've used this process in the past such
"extreme" allocations tend to be averaged out quickly.
These are supposed to be ordinal estimates, anything other than using mean to
combine them will make the result no-longer ordinal which will invalidate their
use as a "value" estimate.  If you had asked instead of questioning my motives I
would have explained that.
Do you want Freenet to be known as the project which fails at even basic

and what cannot, using the poll to support decisions is a mere fraud.

Now that you've accused me of fraud you've just confirmed to everyone reading
that your motives here are malicious.  You've been doing everything you can to
poison this process almost from the beginning.  Fortunately we're all free to
ignore you and that is what I recommend everyone does.  I suggest that Xor
proceed with the plan that was laid out months ago.  We'll deal with issues with
malicious voting if they arise.
Ian.

Ian Clarke
Founder, The Freenet Project