On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 10:29 AM, Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@web.de
wrote:I’m trying to make sure that the process is ironclad.

scale conflicts about it and there’s a split in the userbase. Therefore

But the decision we’re talking about is controversial. There were large

You used the process without checking what it can actually say? Then you
were sloppy and people let you get away with it. For uncontroversial
decisions, no problem with that.

I was not sloppy, the problem of strategic voting that you're so concerned about
was discussed in my original proposal, as a reminder:
A few important things here to ensure we get the true benefit of “wisdom of the
crowd”: * Don’t be strategic (eg. don’t over-allocate to one area because you
   assume others might under-allocate to it)
 * Don’t collude
 * Don’t consider difficulty in your value allocation
 * If you aren’t sure, leave stuff at an even allocation, don’t assign 0
   value

All you seem capable of doing is criticizing from the sidelines, demoralizing
people like Xor that are actually trying to move things forward.  Whether it's
refusing to use Google Docs because I was mean to you off-list on an unrelated
matter, or now whether you're complaining about a problem that was discussed in
my original proposal as if it's some kind of  oversight.
Either find a way to be constructive, or stay out of it.
Ian.
Ian Clarke
Founder, The Freenet Project
Email: i...@freenetproject.org