On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 03:44:01 PM x...@freenetproject.org wrote:
> [...] potential malicious manipulation attempts in the poll
> results I gathered [...]

PSA about Arne's data:
- The said potentially malicious votes are included in Arne's data.
- Some results are truncated to 0 bytes
- There's also an extra result which I don't know where it came from.
- Also, results of at least two contributors are missing.

-> Please lets not make this subject of the result discussion yet, it's
incomplete and potentially includes bogus data.

To Arne:

I would be really happy if I could please ask you to have some more patience
for me to finish the main publication.
I ask for this because volunteering doesn't combine well with the time
pressure to have to deliver something before someone else does.
This is the environment of a competition, but I'm neither winning a price nor
being paid for this. So I would enjoy it some more if the work environment
could be non-competitive.

It should be possible for me to finish the results this week.
You can still post your alternate interpretation then.

It may happen sooner if you tell me you do not expect me to read the 385 line
Python script before.
Of course it's really nice that you bothered to write that much of Python, but
voting on something can only be democratic if people understand how their vote
is used. It's questionable whether the participants can be bothered to read
all that Python. And while Ian's originally proposed method could turn out to
not be the most sophisticated, it is at least very easy to understand.

I had already some days ago contacted you about your request to use different
methods for result evaluation and asked *why* they would be better.
So if you want them to be used, perhaps please just provide an answer to that,
I don't see any yet?

--
hopstolive (keyword for Ians spam filter)